Friday, November 22, 2013

my Street

there's a Street
in my country
it has a name
and a face
it has a smell and a melody

***

those who are quite enough
slow enough
can hear the whisper of my Street
it tells stories of love
of friendship
of motherhood
of journeys
of dreams
of families
of life
of me

***

those who look close enough
can see finger prints
filling the air
with colors
of those who know my Street so well
it's part of their identity
my Street defines who we are
my Street keeps secrets
my Street can see
and feel
and read

***

my Street is waiting
for somebody to come back
and live there
for something to visit again
and dwell there

***

my Street is patient
my Street is kind
my Street is aching
in need for joy
for love
for music
for rain
and for peace

***

this poem is inspired by a VIDEO that made me cry...

No comments:

Post a Comment